I’ve been looking for a healthy and tasty green smoothie recipe for a while now. Then, about a week ago we were making our regular bi-weekly trip to Costco and came upon a demo for one of those high-powered blenders. The lady doing the demonstration said, “Go ahead, try the smoothie. Those are my last two.”
Sienna and I gave the green smoothie a taste. It was delicious!
“What’s in this?” I asked.
“Banana, orange, pineapple, lime juice, spinach,” the woman rattled off.
I proceed to pick up the ingredients we were missing at the grocery store and made the smoothie at home last weekend. Sienna and I had it for breakfast last week and I made it again for lunch today. Delicious!
- 1 1/4 cup frozen banana
- juice from 1/2 a lime
- 1 large or 2 small navel oranges
- 1/2 cup canned chunk pineapple
- 1/4 – 1/3 cup pineapple juice (from the canned pineapple) or apple juice
- 2 cups fresh spinach
1. Put the frozen banana in the blender first and break it down.
2. Add the rest of the ingredients to the blender and pulse to incorporate. If it doesn’t blend well, add more liquid.
3. Once everything is mixed, blend for 20 seconds or so.
This made two 8 ounce servings for us.